Thursday, February 3, 2011

EXTRA CREDIT 3RD QUARTER poem

Next Week

How can I fit you in?
my jam-packed schedule is filled with friends and homework that I always seem
to find a way to blow off for some tv time, since my show is on tonight
It'll be a tight fit, but maybe we can have lunch tomorrow?
in my neighborhood, almost an hour away from you
how convenient
and don't forget, mom needs that money pronto
I want to go to camp this year, so work extra hard
and, um, did I forget to tell you I'm sick?
and that I had a trumpet show? yeah it was great
and that: oh yes! belated high five! my report card from 2 weeks ago had all As on it!
Oh, BTW, I'm going away for 2 weeks? Did I not email our itinerary to you?
I didn't?

oops...

sorry!
maybe we can, oh I don't know, skype sometime in the middle of the week?

new txt from tulah: sorry, video chatting with a friend...u free l8r?
l8r: I have stuff to do so (sorry), I have to go quickly
tomorrow? wait...never mind...can't see you tomorrow
does next week work? I will try to make it work
I promise I will try to make it work
...
sorry it didn't work out
sorry it almost never does
next week ok? :)

*dedicated to my dad

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! IT improved soo much since I first read it! How come you didn't put it in your poetry collection? It's great on its own anyways... :)

    Great job!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete