Thursday, January 13, 2011

Poem off of 9/11 photo

Once was America

2 down
A whole country to go

It's a beautiful day
A great day to kill
or starve a wife of love
and frighten a kid
when their mommy doesn't come pick them up from their clean and bright haven
maybe panic a nation
when hundreds die
under their pointed-up noses

We are the best
we are the beast

we hate them
they take and take and never give back
they put us in hell
so now
here and now
finally
we give it back
throw it in their faces

we will no longer live under their rule
we have come to conquer everything
from the moon to the core
the blazing hot core they believe they had a right to put a price tag on

we were here first
we will do the living
free from the chains of so-called democracy
they will regret all they ever did to me
me and my people
my country
my world
our world

they sit their running and screaming
asking what oh what lord did they do to deserve this
I will tell them
I will tell them loud and proud
we are the best
we are the beast

ha-ha

photo
photo credits to Rafael Fuchs, my father, shot as a view of 9.11 on 9.11

No comments:

Post a Comment